Sometimes we need to take a leaf out of Donald Trump’s book. He may not be the sharpest tool in the shed. But what he does really well – IS OWN HIS WINS. He knows how to take the losses and get straight back up.

Too many of us have a negative relationship with ourselves. We ponder on our mistakes, getting caught up in them and beating ourselves up.

Whist learning from your mistakes is a vital part of growth and progress, dwelling on what we’ve done wrong and ruminating too long on our errors is simply a waste of time and energy.

When you’re on a path to success your momentum propels you forward. Like a snowball rolling down a hill, it grows and builds and gathers force the more you move in the direction of your goals.

Getting disheartened, stopping and pondering for too long puts the brakes on.

Nothing needs to be 100% perfect, 100% complete or 100% your best, 100% OF THE TIME.

People who achieve their goals and forge a path to success, are not necessarily more talented, more ambitious or luckier than others. They just know how to GRAB THE BULL BY THE HORNS.

They know how to get back and from one moment to the next and face each moment with determination.
Remember 20% of your actions are going to produce 80% of your wins.

When mistakes happen, take the punch on the chin and get straight back up. This is what will separate you from the rest.

The importance of the 80/20 rule came up when I met with a friend recently. ‘I am driven, ambitious and hardworking,’ she said to me, ‘but somehow struggle to reach the top of my game. Why do you think that is’?

I explained to her, that in my observation, she takes life’s knocks too hard. Every time she feels likes she hasn’t performed her best, she feels as though she’s failed. Then she has to step back, nurture herself and recover before getting back on the path. Hence her life is marred by goals and projects that struggle to gain the momentum needed to carry her to success.

So remember if you’re doing what your’e supposed to be doing 80% of the time, the other 20% doesn’t matter.

Grab the bull by the horns, take the knock on the chin and get back up!